Key Stage 3 (Ages 12-14)
Key Stage 3 at St. Julian’s provides students with a diverse curriculum which both expands and deepens their understanding of the world around them.
In addition to traditional subjects, the curriculum also includes more innovative subjects such as Opening Minds in Year 7 and Enrichment in Years 8 & 9. We provide a dynamic and challenging curriculum, with an emphasis on learning both collaboratively and independently and through constructing meaning for themselves through...
...creative problem-solving and establishing links to the wider world, in our aim to ensure that our students are able to take risks in their learning to enable the development of independence and responsibility.
The Key Stage 3 curriculum is broad and enriching and acts as a vital foundation for our students’ future learning. It consists of:
- A core of Maths, English, Portuguese and Science;
- Humanities, taught as History & Geography;
- One additional Modern Language (French or German, chosen by the student)
- Six practical/creative subjects (Art, Computer Science, Creative Arts, Design & Technology, Music and PE);
- Enrichment & Opening Minds: a cross-curricular course specific to Year 7, aimed at enhancing interdisciplinary learning;
- Personal, Social & Health Education encouraging pupils to reflect on their own personal, social, emotional and intellectual development.
In Key Stage 3, all of our students are provided with an iPad to support, enhance and transform their learning - please see our technology page to find out more.