We know that every international school around the world is very unique and has a very different offer; we would therefore like to help you to understand a little more about us. To help we have constructed answers to some frequently asked questions. Please do browse our full website for more details on our curriculum and the learning opportunities on offer.
St. Julian’s School offers the following programmes:
- The Foundation Programme, for children aged 3 and 4, Nursery and Reception classes, respectively.
- The English National Curriculum, for children aged 5 to 15, available from Year 1 to Year 11, leading to the IGCSE programme.
- The Bilingual Curriculum, for children aged 6 to 14, available from 1º to 9º Anos.
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP), for ages 16 years and up, available in Years 12 and 13.
Please note that the English National Curriculum and the Bilingual Curriculum both culminate in the IBDP.
The school programmes are organised in two sections: Primary and Secondary.
The Primary Section:
Ages 3 to 9/10 - Including Foundation years (Nursery and Reception), Year 1 to Year 6 and 1º to 4º Anos.
The Secondary Section:
Ages 10/11 to 18 - Including Year 7 to Year 11, 5º to 9º Anos and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Children can begin at 3 years old.
- Our policy regarding age boundaries reflects British practice for admission in Foundation and the English National Curriculum programmes, the cut-off-date being 31st of August.
- For admission in the Bilingual Programme, the age cut-off-date is on 31st of December.
The child’s date of birth is the first indicator for the admission year level. Please find the Year group comparison table below for your reference:
English National Curriculum
3 - 4
4 - 5
5 - 6
6 - 7
7 - 8
8 - 9
9 - 10
10 - 11
11 - 12
12 - 13
13 - 14
14 - 15
15 - 16
16 - 17
Year 12 IBDP
17 - 18
No. Only at the planned transitions points which are:
- From Reception-Year 1 to 1º Ano
- From 9º Ano to Year 11
We have over 45 different nationalities in the school.
General hours are from 8:30 to 15:00 - 16:00.
No, we are a day school only.
Lunches are provided at an additional cost, however, students may bring a packed lunch.
The number varies for different year groups and classes, and never exceeding 23 in a class.
The School is non-denominational