The Enrichment programme for Year 8 and 9 students has been designed to provide students with a different learning environment in which they can develop a diverse skillset for a successful life. Equally, it strives to aid the seamless transition for students from the British educational system into the IB Diploma.
The specific aims are as follows:
1. Within an imaginative and creative forum students will develop interdisciplinary connections whilst exploring concepts, ideas and issues.
2. Students will develop their natural curiosity and explore different ways of learning unfamiliar environments whilst exercising initiative in applying thinking skills.
3. Students will have the opportunity to grow in terms of their social awareness and interaction with the local community including other local schools.
4. Students will develop self-motivation, independence, and communication through effective collaboration with others.
5. Promote a greater sense of self and what this means with regards to personal rights and responsibilities when living in a community environment.
6. Students will develop thoughtful consideration of their own learning from an experience, and assess their own strengths and weaknesses.
The 2 year programme consists of 8 topic units. Each unit lasts 8 weeks. Over the course of each year we aim to take the students off site at least 4 times. The units are as follows:
Food and drink