A very warm welcome to the St Julian’s website.
On its beautiful historic site in Carcavelos, between central Lisbon and Cascais, St. Julian’s has been offering an outstanding education since 1932. Our traditions reflect the uniqueness of our identity; as a British international school in Portugal we provide three different curricula depending on the section of the school the student attends. These range from the local Portuguese system, through to the English National Curriculum to the final two years of the IB international diploma, which provides a gateway to universities all over the world.
So what are the key areas which make St. Julians unique?
- St. Julian’s has gained an outstanding academic reputation in Portugal and overseas. Academic achievement is, of course, our priority and something that we work very hard with our students to achieve their personal bests, but it is often the values and skills that will allow students to reach their real potential. We want to foster independence, versatility, love of learning, self-discipline and personal excellence for every student.
- There is a student body of over 1,100 students from some 40 different countries. We work hard to ensure that these different cultures are celebrated. We are an international school and believe strongly about enlightening our students about the wider world in which they live.
- As an all-through school we work to ensure that curriculum alignment is well structured as a student moves through the school. Our staff and student body work harmoniously together to gain our outstanding academic results and as such it is a very warm and inviting environment in which to learn together. St. Julian’s is a place where children can thrive, inspired by dedicated and passionate teachers.
- All students are encouraged to work hard, show respect and display the manners we expect at our school. We encourage our students to take pleasure in their work, and to enjoy the myriad opportunities for development that we offer.
- We believe a happy student is one who will succeed and we work hard to ensure all students achieve their own personal bests throughout their time with us.
Through their educational experience at St. Julian’s we expect our students to grow in confidence, be articulate, be engaged, have pride in themselves as well as their school and display high personal standards. Our students are taught to understand that it is through their actions and their choices that they bring credit to themselves, their school and their parents.
St. Julian’s is an exceptional learning community and I would be delighted to welcome you for a visit.
Craig Monaghan Headmaster MEdM, BPhEd, BSc; Dip Teach